Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mentor

My school district took 3 years to find a mentor for me. Though it took a while, I did end up with a good one. Al taught art at the high school in my district for 30 years, then worked at a local elementary school for a few years before retiring a couple of years ago. He has been nothing but supportive of me in the short time that I have known him. He drives more than an hour to come watch me teach and give me advice. Mentoring doesn't pay well enough that he'd do it for the money alone. I'm very lucky to know him.

Today I found out that he has been in the hospital since Sunday, and they don't know what's wrong with him. I'm worried because he was having an asthma attack when he observed me on Friday. I know how scary it is to feel like you can't breathe. I hope they diagnose him quickly, treat him well, and send him home soon.

No comments: